Monday, June 1, 2009

Good News! Ladies Can Start Stabbing


I have been very concerned for a while after reading a male chauvinist's article entitled, “Sex Work” from www.
Loyarburok.com (where else?) Note: the fact that I am addicted to this site does not mean that I approve of all their nonsense.

Being concerned is to put it mildly, the truth is I was shocked. Not because the discussion was on prostitution.

Shocked because the author has put forward that-
1) sex is, according to the author, nothing more than "a biological drive manufactured by your brain to get you to reproduce and keep the species thriving", and
2) any attempt on the suppression of this biological drive will unleash the rapist and/or molester from within a person.

Where did the author get these findings from? The advanced theory of evolution? Even Charles Darwin did not propose them (see The Origin Of Species). Darwin was a smart man, knew that a man should not make this kind of senseless and baseless statements where his wife could read them. Now, this is the kind of man to command my respect. Obviously, the author is the other kind of man.

Anyway, I am not going to condemn the author to the deepest hell. In fact, he may receive my sympathy. He was conceived, as he thought, due to his parents' biological urge. Nothing more, nothing less. I will be depressed if I were him.

My parents fell in love and married. My mother gave birth to me because my parents were taught and agree till today that children are descendants. Not quite the author's sense of "keep the species thriving" but children are the product of the love and commitment of a man and a woman. The evidence of the couples' existence and a legacy to leave behind.

Having sex without having a commitment to love and cherish each other is having "pleasure without conscience" (see my posting, Eight Blunders of the World).
The truth is the truth. It does not matter if it comes from a donkey's mouth. A religious and self-righteous man may have sinned against God and another person, but that does not change/alter the truth. Hating the deed of such man does not mean we can do as we please.
I believe in a Creator and human beings are created instead of evolved from a pool of primordial soup. My life is not the product of a series of accidents. This entails a sense of value in life. However, I agree with Darwin in relation to natural selection (micro-evolution). All organisms are constantly evolving to compete for survival after creation. In my belief, since we are so wonderfully created, hence, all of us must be precious in the Creator's eyes. The argument to put the entire human race at the same level of animals or even beasts is not only simplistic but insulting.

My point is: How can we advocate for human rights, justice and equality for all when we use each other to satisfy our "biological drive"? Even in consensual sex other than in marriage, are we not using each other for own selfish desires? Where is the human dignity?

Today, I found hope when I read an article and that lifted my spirit, see “Angry Chinese Rally Behind ‘No. 1 Heroine’”. It states that, "Hotel pedicurist Deng Yujiao, accused of fatally stabbing a government official who allegedly tried to rape her, has become China’s latest folk hero — triggering what some commentators say is one of the country’s largest civil rights movements in recent years."

Well, since men cannot be depend on to have self-control, women now have another option. This is what I call justice and equality for all. Ladies, get your weapons ready.

1 comment:

  1. Sighhh... if those women read my posting, will the news be different?

    The Star Online, 3 May 2009

    http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/6/3/nation/20090603134352&sec=nation
    SUNGAI SIPUT: The 43-year-old employer who allegedly beat three of his Indonesian helpers for refusing to have sex with him in return for their salaries turned himself in at the Sungai Siput police station on Tuesday night.

    Sungai Siput deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Mak Pak Chuai said police arrested the man who went to the station at about 10pm.

    He added that police have obtained a four-day remand order until Saturday to facilitate in the investigation.

    http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/6/3/nation/4037592&sec=nation

    IPOH: It has been two years of hell for three Indonesian women since they began working for the owner of a catering company in Sungai Siput.

    The women claimed that their 43-year-old employer would not pay them their RM400 monthly salary unless they have sex with him.

    They added that the man would beat and punch them in the face or choke them if they refused. Unable to endure the abuse any longer, they sought a neighbour’s help and fled the house at 5am yesterday.

    ReplyDelete