Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Prayer For Eli Wong



Hear my voice when I call, O LORD;
be merciful to me and answer me.
My heart says of you, "Seek His face!"
Your face, LORD, I will seek.
Do not hide Your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my Helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
O God my Saviour.
Though my father and mother may forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.

Teach me Your way, O LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
Do not hand me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing out violence.
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

Psalm 27:7-14

2 comments:

  1. "O LORD, the God who avenges,
    O God who avenges, shine forth,
    Rise up, O Judge of the earth;
    pay back to the proud what they deserve.
    How long will the wicked, O LORD,
    how long will the wicked be jubilant?"
    Psalm 94:1-3

    Khir's RM1.7m Disney Trips
    http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/general_opinions/comments/khirs_rm1.7m_disney_trips.html
    ©The Sun; Thursday, 02 April 2009 07:15AM

    SHAH ALAM (April 1, 2009) : Former Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo and his entourage spent RM1.7 million of public funds to visit two Disneyland theme parks in the United States and France, but the working trips did not include meetings with Disneyland officials and no reports were submitted after that.

    These trips which took place in 2007 and 2004 were in addition to two other trips to Disneyland parks in Hongkong in March 2006 for which the entourage spent RM30,000 and Tokyo, in preparation for the setting up of a 8ha theme park in Bagan Lalang.

    State investment arm Permodalan Negeri Selangor Bhd (PNSB) paid for these trips, its chief executive officer Datin Khairiyah Abu Hassan told the Selangor Select Committee on Competency, Accountability and Transparency (Selcat) which today wrapped up its inquiry into the expenses of the now-defunct elected Selangor representatives' wives' welfare
    and charity organization (Balkis) and the excesses of state-linked companies.

    The inquiry started on March 23. The findings will be to the state assembly in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth Wong to resume work tomorrow

    SHAH ALAM ( April 15, 2009 ): http://www.sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=32349

    Bukit Lanjan state assemblywoman and Selangor executive councillor for environment, tourism and consumer affairs Elizabeth Wong will return to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete